Thursday, February 12, 2009

Still wandering through time

2/12/009

Evening- just finished my share of two bottles of quite good wine and conversation with our Kiwi neighbor and a pair from Canada. Talk ranged from spouses to Spanish with much liveliness between. Five (the 3 amigos plus a Kiwi and a sister of the Hostel manager) took a taxi up the hill to Pablo Neruda´s house, one of several he lived in around the world, then walked aaallll the way back. Neruda built his house like he wrote - passionate, a bit crazy, and unexpected. I enjoyed it. Stopped for a fine meal at, oddly enough, the same restaurant that I ended up at last night while bar hopping. Looks a lot different in the light of day.

But as I get sleepy, I´m trying to decide whether to go to sleep (the intelligent option, it´s 9 PM), go buy some booze (the visceral option), or go buy dinner and head to bed (whether it´s Naomi's option or not, I feel like I'm channelling her when I consider this one). Visceral wins.

Choices, choices, choices.

Several Vodka tonics later, I´m writing this blog entry.

We'll see.

D

No comments:

Post a Comment